Environment for Learning
Teachers and parents are responsible for creating a wonderful learning environment for children.
- Teachers and parents must understand the Suzuki Early Education is a system of instruction that recognizes that success in one small step can and will lead to success in the next step.
- Teachers and parents are the role models.
- Teachers and parents must learn how to guide, not push or pull.
- Love and acceptance are critically important.
- Competition must be avoided.
Dr. Suzuki firmly believed that parents have the responsibility to nurture their children’s potential from the moment of birth, as a part of everyday life. Therefore it follows that a child’s earliest learning is the most critical-the learning that takes place before beginning school. Parents must take great care in creating a loving and sensitive environment, which enables children to learn skills that will help them achieve their potential.
Taken from Suzuki Early Childhood-Prenatal through Early Years: Stage One, used with permission from Dorothy Jones & Jones Partnership.